- Don’t give out account information over the phone unless you place the phone call.
- Shred expired credit cards before throwing away. Credit card applications also need to be shredded.
- Keep a record of your account information (numbers, expiration dates, creditor phone numbers, etc.) just in case you are a victim of fraud.
- Keep an eye on your card during transactions and check your receipt to make sure you were charged correctly.
- Draw lines through blank areas, such as empty tip lines, of the receipt before signing.
- Always notify your card issuer of any address changes.
- Sign the back of your cards in ink.
- Keep receipts until you check them against your card statement.
- Password protect your phone if you use it to check your account.
- Use a secure mailbox.
Prevent Credit Card Fraud
May 30, 2014 By