It’s easy to let your guard down while on vacation and become a victim of identity theft. Don’t let this happen to you by taking these preventative steps:
- Notify your credit card companies when you will be on vacation, especially if you are going out of the country.
- Keep a photo copy of all credit cards, drivers license, passports and any other important documents in safe location in case of an emergency.
- Set a limit on your credit card usage.
- Place a vacation hold on your mail by contacting the post office in your area.
- Don’t carry unnecessary cards and IDs.
- Passcode your phones, laptops, and other mobile devices. Never access your personal accounts from a hotel, internet cafe , or any other public computer.
- Watch out for pickpockets.
- And finally, even though you may be in a relaxed environment, never let your guard down.
We hope these tips will help keep your identity safe while on vacation.